We are looking for a full-time, permanent Building Supervisor at Portage Place Shopping Centre located in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager and General Manager, the Building Supervisor position is responsible for ensuring the building is running as a first class shopping centre by actively managing all resources including budgets, personnel and contracted services. If you are positive, customer focused, and hardworking, we want to hear from you!
- Conducting regular scheduled building inspections and following up on deficiencies and concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensure OHS regulations are followed and all life safety systems are current and operational
- Price out and coordinate required maintenance work that is beyond the scope of onsite personnel
- Ensure contractors are performing work according to their contract and in a safe manner
- Schedule daily tasks for all maintenance personnel to ensure optimum use of labor hours
- Ensure Preventative Maintenance programs are in effect, being utilized and being adhered to by all Maintenance staff
- Sharing information and ideas on Capital projects
- Providing onsite assistance for tenant coordination as necessary
- Ensuring all Loading docks are being used effectively and efficiently and noting violations for security to follow-up
- Assist with ongoing development of Safety programs and adherence to all program highlights
- Develop standard operating procedures (SOP) as needed to allow staff to follow the safety program
- Ensure all contractors and people working on site have proper permissions , follow safety guidelines determined by the centre and have appropriate WCB coverage
- Ensure proper scheduling for proper coverage of the Mall during all hours of the day
- Manage workflow of all Maintenance staff making sure daily to do lists are followed and completed
- Provide direction and assistance to staff
- Participate in daily tasks and projects on a physical level
- Record and maintain accurate personnel records including personal development plans, disciplinary actions and overall concerns
- High school Diploma, post-secondary education is an asset
- Class 4 Power Engineers certificate is an asset
- Knowledge of building automation systems as well as fire and life safety systems
- OHS ticket
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in managing a large building operation over 500,00 SF
- Management training ( supervisory, team building)
- Ability to stand on feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs
- Experience dealing with customer and tenant issues in a polite and professional manner
- Knowledge and experience in using computers
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. To apply for this opportunity, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF's will be accepted.
While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview.