We are looking for full-time Cleaning Supervisor for Portage Place Shopping Centre located in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the Cleaning Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the Shopping Centre cleaning standards are maintained and enhanced on a daily basis and all staff are fully trained on proper cleaning procedures and health and safety standards. If you are positive, customer focused, and hardworking, we want to hear from you!
- Ensuring all cleaning standards are met daily and any deficiencies are addressed immediately;
- Developing and following a defined cleaning program so that all employees are understanding of all tasks and guidelines to ensure the cleanliness of the Centre;
- Ensuring all cleaning staff are properly trained to the Company’s set standards and requirements and to provide follow-up training as necessary;
- Managing workflow of all Cleaning staff making sure daily to do lists are followed and completed;
- Working with contractors to ensure the contractual obligations are met;
- Meeting regularly with employees and suppliers to ensure full engagement and to resolve ongoing concerns;
- Producing a weekly schedule posted in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement and ensuring proper scheduling for proper coverage of the Mall during all hours of the day;
- Providing direction and assistance to staff;
- Participating in daily tasks and projects on a physical level;
- Sharing information and ideas on improved operational policies and procedures;
- Communicating any deficiencies or ongoing challenges;
- Assisting with ongoing development of Safety programs and adherence to all program highlights;
- Developing standard operating procedures (SOP) as needed to allow staff to follow the safety program;
- Ensuring cleaning staff are knowledgeable and following OHS regulations and WHIMIS guidelines;
- Following all workplace safety and health guidelines including the use of chemicals and machinery;
- Ensuring all contractors and people working on site have proper permissions, follow safety guidelines determined by the Centre and have appropriate WCB coverage;
- Participating on the OHS committee.
- WHIMIS training;
- Experience handling auto floor scrubber / snow blower / power washer equipment;
- Direct commercial cleaning experience;
- Supervisory experience of a cleaning staff or commercial building;
- Working with a team of cleaners;
- Commercial cleaning experience;
- Ability to read and understand cleaning labels (safety);
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs and to work on feet for extended periods;
- Detail oriented with a high level of expectation;
- Mechanically inclined;
- Customer service training.
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF's will be accepted.
While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview.