We are looking for a (full time, 1 year contract) Junior Graphic Designer for our marketing team at our Head Office located in downtown Vancouver. Reporting directly to the Marketing Coordinator, this position is responsible for providing quality design, production coordination and general branding and communication support in the execution of corporate strategies and initiatives. If you are positive, creative, and hardworking, we want to hear from you!
- Placing copy in marketing artwork templates and ensuring it is up to regulatory requirements;
- Preparing print ready files for prepress (print production);
- Typesetting copy into artwork template;
- Organizing and managing marketing artwork files;
- Ensuring accuracy of all proofs and submissions, including proofreading/editing;
- Managing and prioritize multiple projects and thriving in a fast-paced environment;
- Being an active member of the Peterson’s social committee by planning and participating in events;
- Driving the promotion of company events through the creation of posters, invitations and emails;
- Maintaining the corporate intranet ensuring employees have access to up-to-date information; and
- Assisting in the collection and creation of content, images and other miscellaneous items to keep the corporate website up to date.
- Completion of a College diploma / certificate;
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign);
- Strong MS Office skills and a strong understanding of how to apply technology to marketing;
- 0 – 2 years’ experience demonstrating strong graphic design work for use in marketing materials (print and digital);
- Knowledgeable in prepress (file preparation and printing techniques);
- Demonstrates flexibility, organization and the ability to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands and changes;
- Diligent in dealing with methods of organization and detail in performing his/ her duties;
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail;
- A proactive, resourceful and solution-oriented ‘can-do’ attitude;
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively and cross functionally;
- Demonstrates creativity and outgoing personality in planning and organizing events.