We are looking for a Maintenance in the Hudson District located in Victoria, BC. Reporting directly to the Property Manager, the Maintenance position is responsible for providing superior, quality services to ensure consistent quality services for tenants, and to help enhance the overall value of the building. If you are positive, customer focused, and hardworking, we want to hear from you!
- Providing superior quality customer service dealing effectively and fairly with tenant requests and concerns on a timely basis, involving the Property Manager or Building Staff as needed
- Demonstrating knowledge of the property building operations and systems to assess issues and provide accurate information to the Property Manager and Contractors in resolving problems
- Ensuring that turn-over suites are ready for new tenant(s): arranging suite cleaning and helping to clean if necessary; ensuring that all repairs and upgrades are completed coordinating Trades, ordering materials in a timely manner; performing minor repairs and painting
- Day to day cleaning of common areas of building, including but not limited to hallways, exterior areas, fitness facilities, meeting rooms, furnished rental units
- Performing maintenance repairs and minor renovations in tenant suites including: minor plumbing (sinks & taps), heating, locks, fans, minor electrical, minor appliance repairs and moving appliances (i.e. fridges & stoves)
- Inspecting service rooms and the property daily and reporting deficiencies to management
- Respond to emergency situations
- Assisting in the overall Preventative Maintenance Program for the property
- Completing work orders for any deficiencies or repairs sighted throughout the property
- Maintaining high standards of service by providing 24 hour turn around for Tenant Work Orders using quality workmanship
- Maintaining all interior and exterior lighting systems including replacing lights, repairs, and management of supplies
- Performing in house maintenance including changing locks and minor building and repairs as required such as, plumbing, minor drywall, painting and wall paper repairs
- Maintaining the exterior grounds including litter pick up and snow removal
- Helping with move-in, move-outs and turn over and suite inspections
- Maintain good tenant relations, handle and document tenant complaints and any emergencies in the building which occur during, over and above office hours
- Completion of high school diploma
- Maintenance experience in Rental and Commercial buildings is an asset
- Awareness of Occupational Health, Building, and Fire codes and a working knowledge of safe work practices
- Basic knowledge of Building HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience performing hands-on repair and maintenance of mechanical systems in a similar role
- Executing quality work: being proactive, results-oriented, resourceful, and following through and meeting deadlines
- Possessing strong time and project management skills with and ability to work independently and part of a team
- Communicating clearly and concisely both in verbal and written communications
- Observing a high level of professionalism and is able to respond to emergency after hours service calls as and when required
- Proven organizational ability with attention to detail
- Maturity and confidence when dealing with difficult issues or conflict
- Ability to develop positive and professional relationships using strong verbal and written communication skills
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF's will be accepted.
While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview.