We are looking for a Building Maintenance position for our Head Office, 1166 Alberni Street. Working hours are as follows:
- Mondays to Fridays: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Reporting directly to the Property Manager, the Maintenance position is responsible for providing on-site operation and maintenance services to the building. If you are hands-on and enjoy servicing tenants, we want to hear from you!
- Ensuring the building meets all applicable regulatory requirements, all on a cost-effective basis;
- Completing equipment and facilities systems preventive maintenance schedules;
- Assisting in monitoring controls systems; maintaining chillers, cooling towers, chemical treatments, controls, water and waste systems, boilers, refrigerators, compressors, alarms, responding to alarms;
- Coordinating carpentry, painting, cleaning, decorating, landscaping, and renovations;
- Installing, repairing, and servicing heating, ventilating, air conditioning (HVAC) equipment; restoring and repairing faulty or inoperative HVAC systems and associated equipment; recommending changes and new HVAC installations;
- Performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on all equipment based on manufacturers recommendations;
- Assisting in working with various types of mechanical equipment including pumps, motors, boilers, chiller, air handling equipment and any building automation systems;
- Troubleshooting and performing minor repairs to prevent equipment or system failures;
- Ensuring that there is a productive and healthy work environment;
- Coordinating major repairs to the building and equipment;
- Responding to tenant service requests in a timely manner and ensuring any follow up is completed;
- Submitting recommendations for building mechanical and electrical systems and associated equipment to ensure a safe, efficient and comfortable environment;
- Prioritizing maintenance requests to deliver exemplary customer service to internal and external customers;
- Maintaining the exterior image of the building by picking up litter, removing ice and snow from walkways and parking lot, and being proactive in noticing repairs needed including painting; and
- Completion of a high school diploma;
- Awareness of Occupational Health, Building and Fire Codes and working knowledge of safe work practices;
- Basic knowledge of Building HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems preferred;
- Performing hands-on repair and maintenance of mechanical systems in a similar role;
- Building and sustaining positive and professional relationships with tenants, contractors and co-workers;
- Possessing strong methods of time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently and part of a team;
- Communicating clearly and concisely both in verbal and written communications;
- Demonstrating a willingness to learn and advance knowledge and experience;
- Observing a high level of professionalism and is able to respond to emergency after-hours service calls as and when required; and
- Capable of lifting 50 – 100 lbs. on a regular basis.
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits.
To apply for this opportunity, "Careers" page at www.petersonbc.com. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF's will be accepted.
While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview.