We are looking for a full-time Accounting Manager at our head office for our corporate team located in Downtown Vancouver. Reporting directly to the Director, Corporate Reporting, the Accounting Manager position is responsible for ensuring financial reporting information is accurate, timely and meets all applicable deadlines. If you are positive, detail-oriented and hardworking, we want to hear from you!
- Ensuring all financials are prepared in accordance to Canadian Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE) by reviewing (and preparing where necessary) monthly and year end working paper packages;
- Ensuring all filings are prepared and filed as required before due dates set by regulatory requirements and internal deadlines;
- Liaising with external accountants;
- Providing current professional knowledge and practices to develop solutions to new initiatives and endeavors;
- Assisting in training staff to produce quality and accurate work;
- Assisting Director by constantly monitoring the Company’s systems, processes, standard operating procedures, and internal controls to ensure the Company’s goals are met and improved;
- Assisting Director in implementing changes to the standard operating procedures and internal controls where necessary;resolving financial and operational matters proactively;
- Delegating the maximum amount of work, with trust and accountability, and optimizing the engagement and development of personnel;
- Using Peterson’s people management systems (recruitment, training and development, communications, and performance management);
- Ensuring that staff are being trained to meet the current and future needs of the organization in a planned manner; and
- Consistently demonstrating leadership to the team and actively engaging and motivating staff.
- Completion of Bachelor’s Degree;
- An accounting designation (CA, CGA or CMA) with minimum 2 years post qualification experience;
- Experience working in the real estate industry is an asset;
- 1 year of management experience;
- 5 years public practice experience in preparing and reviewing financial statements for compilation, review and audit engagements;
- Experience preparing tax returns including personal, corporate, partnerships and trust;
- Effective leadership in training and supervising staff in a team working environment;
- Ability to Develop positive and professional relationships with a variety of people while practicing excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Demonstrating maturity, confidence and tact, particularly when dealing with difficult issues or conflict.
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: