LocationLangara Gardens, West 57th Ave @ Cambie, Vancouver
We are looking for an Assistant Maintenance Manager for our rental property, Langara Gardens, located in the Oakridge area (West 57th and Cambie). The property is a 50 years old, 21-acre property with 23 garden units and 4 towers (total of 600 units). Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, the Assistant Maintenance Manager is responsible for assisting with overseeing the general operation and mechanical systems at the property including the maintenance and repairs of electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC).
We are looking for a candidate who will be involved hands-on in the day-to-day maintenance of the property and someone who is resilient when faced with challenges. The candidate must have at least a 4th class power engineering certificate. The ideal candidate has a strong plumbing background and is someone who enjoys troubleshooting, is resourceful, strives to provide quality work and customer service, and thrives in an environment that is deadline driven. This position includes on-call responsibilities and requirement to work overtime, as required.
Working schedule: 5 days/week. 8:00 AM- 4:30 PM. Looking for someone who is able to work at least one of the weekend days as part of their shift.
- Inspecting all major systems in the buildings (boiler plant, DCW pump stations, DHW tanks, irrigation system, exhaust fans, electric motors, mechanical equipment and pools systems) and completing corresponding logs;
- Performing preventative maintenance of equipment in accordance with the approved schedules;
- Scheduling regular maintenance and works to be done on equipment that needs attention with in-house team or service providers;
- Changing filters, fan belts; performing maintenance and repairs of pumps and motors as required;
- Testing of the boiler closed loop water system, ensuring chemical levels in the system are within the required norms and ordering chemicals as needed;
- Inspecting fire preventative systems including fire alarms, sprinkler systems and panels and performing monthly generator testing;
- Prioritizing, responding and resolving tenant work orders in a timely manner;
- Working with contractors on all capital projects;
- Assisting with overseeing the day-to-day operations of the maintenance department;
- Assisting in administering safety programs related to maintenance staff operations by working with the Safety Committee to develop programs, procedures and training;
- Ensuring paperwork is accurate, up to date, and properly organized and filed; and
- Assisting in the submission of status reports, purchase orders and scheduled maintenance reports.
- 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate;
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience working in commercial/residential building maintenance and operations;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Intermediate working knowledge of computer-based applications and programs, especially Microsoft Word;
- Strong knowledge of Building HVAC, DDC, Plumbing, and Electrical systems;
- Capable of working on elevated platforms, climb ladders and lift 50lbs unassisted on a regular basis;
- Ability to perform quality work, demonstrate proactiveness, deliver results, be resourceful, and meet tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and part of a team while building and sustaining positive and professional relationships with tenants, contractors and co-workers.
- Observing a high level of professionalism and is able to respond to emergency after hours service calls as and when required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted. Submit your application through our online career centre.