DepartmentHead Office, Commercial
Peterson has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Property Manager to join our commercial team. Reporting to the General Manager, Commercial, this role will be responsible for delivering consistent quality services to tenants and stakeholders across our commercial office, retail, and industrial portfolio, and optimizing the performance of our properties by managing tenant relations, operational costs, property financials, and capital projects.
The ideal candidate will be highly driven with creative problem-solving abilities and the ability to multitask effectively. You are a natural leader with highly effective communication skills when dealing with a diverse range of people. In addition, you have an “owner’s mentality” alongside a strong track record of success in managing property operations, working alongside a multi-disciplinary team, and balancing key stakeholder relationships, simultaneously. This position will best suit a professional who is looking for an opportunity to learn and grow their property management career with the Company.
- Ensuring building(s) are well-maintained and operating in compliance to all applicable regulatory requirements on a cost-effective basis;
- Ensuring image of building(s) consistently meets expectations of targeted tenants;
- Working with building technicians to assist tenants with maintenance and lease issues, including common area building upgrades, landlord work, tenant build outs, or interior/exterior repairs;
- Managing vendor relationships with security, janitorial, landscaping, and general contractors;
- Providing superior customer service and dealing effectively and fairly with tenants on a timely basis;
- Conducting onsite visits to properties to build rapport with tenants;
- Managing operating costs, coordinating service contracts, ensuring work orders, renovations, and capital projects are completed within budget and to satisfaction of client;
- Ensuring the timely preparation of financial statements and quality presentation of owner reports;
- Preparing budgets, monitoring expenditures and costs to make informed decisions;
- Developing and administering the approved operating and capital budgets for the assigned portfolio;
- Reviewing financials and preparing analysis for owners, reporting on variances or exceptions;
- Overseeing management of property financials, including rent collection, resolution of arrears, and reporting;
- Using all reasonable efforts to manage, repair, and maintain property in efficient and satisfactory manners that maximizes the cash flow from the property.
What You Bring
- 1 – 2 years’ managing commercial office, retail, and industrial portfolio and delivering excellent customer service;
- Completion of College diploma/certificate;
- Valid Rental Property Management license under the Real Estate Council of BC;
- In depth knowledge of the Real Estate Act;
- Responsibly managing financial budgets and reporting and analyzing on financial data;
- Applying knowledge and interpreting information from Lease and Management Agreements;
- Efficient and effective time and project management, demonstrating accountability and ability to meet tight timelines under high-pressure while producing quality and accurate work; and
- Demonstrating maturity, confidence, and tact, particularly when dealing with difficult issues or conflicts.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted. Submit your application through our online career centre.