We are looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our team to take care of the building operations of the Mall and retail portions of Portage Place at 393 Portage Avenue in Winnipeg. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the position will be responsible for providing on-site operation and maintenance services and to help enhance the overall value of the property. The working hours are:
- Days & alternating weekends Salary range: $20.65 – $23.18 Benefits package included
The ideal candidate will be a highly professional and results-oriented individual with 2 years of experience performing hands-on repair and maintenance of mechanical systems in a similar role. This position will suit someone who is resourceful, proactive and is looking for a collaborative working environment.
- Ensuring the building meets all applicable regulatory requirements on a cost-effective basis;
- Completing equipment and facilities systems preventive maintenance schedules;
- Monitoring controls systems, maintaining chillers, cooling towers, chemical treatments, controls, water and waste systems, boilers, refrigerators, compressors, alarms, and responding to alarms;
- Scheduling carpentry, painting, cleaning, decorating, landscaping, and renovations;
- Installing, repairing, and servicing heating, ventilating, air conditioning (HVAC) equipment;
- Completing preventive maintenance schedules, restoring and repairing faulty or inoperative HVAC systems and associated equipment, and recommending changes and new HVAC installations;
- Performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on all equipment based on manufacturers recommendations;
- Obtaining quotes from contractors as directed by the Operations Manager and/or Senior Property Manager and following through with repairs;
- Working with various types of mechanical equipment including pumps, motors, boilers, chiller, air handling equipment and any building automation systems;
- Troubleshooting and performing minor repairs to prevent equipment or system failures;
- Maintaining the exterior image of the building by picking up litter, removing ice and snow from walkways and parking lot, and being proactive in noticing repairs needed including painting;
- Responding to tenant service requests in a timely manner and ensuring any follow up if necessary is completed; and
- Responding to emergency calls on the after-hour line during the rotational on-call shift.
What you bring
- Minimum 2 years of experience providing performing hands-on repair and maintenance of mechanical systems;
- 5th Class Power Engineer certificate is an asset;
- Working knowledge of building HVAC, plumbing, security system, Occupational Health, Building and Fire Codes, and safe work practices;
- Demonstrated customer service and time management skills;
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize demands and following through to meet deadlines;
- Maturity, confidence and tact, particularly when dealing with difficult issues or conflict;
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with a variety of people while practicing excellent verbal and written communication;
- Availability to respond to emergency after hours service calls as required; and
- High level of professionalism and ethical conduct.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted. Submit your application through our online career centre.