DepartmentHead Office, Commercial
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the Building Operator position is responsible for providing on-site operation and maintenance services. If you are positive and hardworking, we want to hear from you!
Working hours are as follows:
- Mondays to Fridays 9:00AM – 5:00PM
- Ensuring the building meets all applicable regulatory requirements, all on a cost-effective basis;
- Completing equipment and facilities systems preventive maintenance schedules;
- Monitoring controls systems; maintaining chillers, cooling towers, chemical treatments, controls, water and waste systems, boilers, refrigerators, compressors, alarms, responding to alarms;
- Scheduling carpentry, painting, cleaning, decorating, landscaping, and renovations;
- Installing, repairing, and servicing heating, ventilating, air conditioning (HVAC) equipment; completing preventive maintenance schedules; restoring and repairing faulty or inoperative HVAC systems and associated equipment; recommending changes and new HVAC installations;
- Performing maintenance on all equipment based on manufacturers recommendations;
- Obtaining quotes from contractors as directed and following through with repairs;
- Working with various types of mechanical equipment including pumps, motors, boilers, chiller, air handling equipment and any building automation systems;
- Troubleshooting and performing minor repairs to prevent equipment or system failures;
- Ensuring that there is a productive and healthy work environment;
- Coordinating major repairs to the building and equipment;
- Performing minor plumbing, electrical, drywall, patching & painting and other hands-on tasks;
- Responding to tenant service requests in a timely manner and ensuring any follow up if necessary is completed;
- Conducting inspections and submitting recommendations for building mechanical and electrical systems and associated equipment to ensure a safe, efficient and comfortable environment;
- Prioritizing maintenance requests to deliver exemplary customer service to internal and external customers;
- Maintaining the exterior image of the building by picking up litter, removing ice and snow from walkways and parking lot, and being proactive in noticing repairs needed including painting; and
- Completion of high school diploma;
- 4th Class Power Engineer certificate;
- Basic knowledge of Building HVAC, plumbing, security system and electrical systems preferred;
- Awareness of Occupational Health, Building and Fire Codes and a working knowledge of safe work practices.
- Performing hands-on repair and maintenance of mechanical systems in a similar role;
- Building and sustaining positive and professional relationships with tenants, contractors and coworkers;
- Executing quality work, being proactive, results-orientated, resourceful, following through and meeting deadlines;
- Strong methods of time and project management skills with ability to work independently and part of a team;
- Communicating clearly and concisely both in verbal and written communications;
- Demonstrating a willingness to learn and advance knowledge and experience;
- High level of professionalism and is able to respond to emergency after hours service calls as and when required.
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: