We are looking for a Building Operator to join our team at the Living Shangri-La Vancouver to take care of the building operations of the commercial and residential portions of the property. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, Hospitality, the position will be responsible for providing on-site operation and maintenance services and to help enhance the overall value of the property.
The working hours are:
- Mondays – Wednesday 1:00pm – 9:00pm
- Saturday – Sundays 9:00am – 5:00pm
The role will primarily focus on completing preventative maintenance schedules; monitoring control systems, chillers, cooling towers, water and waste systems, HVAC systems, and other systems and equipment in the building; scheduling and coordinating contractors; and troubleshooting and performing minor repairs and responding to tenant service requests. It is important to have strong communication and a high-level of professionalism for this role as it will be working at a high-profile property with high standards. The position will require the ability to respond to emergency after hours service calls as and when required.
The ideal candidate will be a highly professional and results-oriented individual with 3-4 years of experience performing hands-on repair and maintenance of mechanical systems in a similar role. This position will suit someone who is resourceful, proactive and is interested in gaining experience working in a high-profile property.
- 3-4 years of experience providing performing hands-on repair and maintenance of mechanical systems in a similar role;
- Completion of a high school diploma;
- 4th Class Power Engineer certificate is an asset;
- Basic knowledge of building HVAC, plumbing, security system, Occupational Health, Building and Fire Codes and working knowledge of safe work practices;
- Demonstrated customer service and time management skills;
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize demands;
- Maturity, confidence and tact, particularly when dealing with difficult issues or conflict;
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with a variety of people while practicing excellent verbal and written communication;
- Availability to respond to emergency after hours service calls as required; and
- High level of professionalism and ethical conduct.
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.