Based out of downtown Vancouver, we are looking to add a full-time Investment Representative as a member of Peterson’s new and growing business, Peterson Advisors Corp. Reporting to the Compliance Manager & Investment Analyst, this position will be responsible for business development to increase investment sales and ensuring investment opportunities and regulatory compliance tasks are fulfilled. The role provides operational support for the Peterson Advisors Corp. business lines including Capital Lending, Income Producing Properties, Developments and Marketable Securities.
The ideal candidate will have relevant investment sales and business development experience with strong interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will have strong attention to detail and well-developed time management skills who is able to perform multiple tasks and meet deadlines. The role is best suited for someone who is meticulous and methodical with their work and strives with integrity to complete tasks.
- Initiating, developing and fostering a network of investors while seeking out new investors;
- Effectively executing business development activities focused on driving deposit and investment sales growth;
- Managing the investment process from initial contact with investors to closing the investment;
- Onboarding investors; Performing investor checks by completing due diligence checklists, know your client forms, and anti-money laundering checks;
- Providing timely and accurate investor documents including investment agreements, loan summaries, client statements, disclosure statements, and properly documenting client files and transactions;
- Advising investors of new investment opportunities, tracking interest, reviewing and following-up on investor information and keeping investors informed on their investment throughout its lifecycle;
- Acting as first point of contact to respond to investor inquiries;
- Developing and maintaining client relationships in a professional manner;
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements – adhering to PAC’s compliance manual;
- Working with external consultant as directed or as needed to address compliance issues; and
- Assist in other aspects on the business as required.
What You Bring
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Real Estate or Business Administration;
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course or equivalent;
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Minimum 2 years’ of experience in investment sales and business development through networking and prospecting referrals;
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines while producing quality and accurate work;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills; and
- Ability to develop positive and professional relationships with senior management and clients while practicing excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.