As Peterson’s development portfolio continues to grow, we are excited to expand our team and add a highly organized and self-motivated Development Coordinator looking to build a rewarding career with the Company. Reporting to the Vice President, Development, this position will support all day-to-day aspects of the development department and coordinate various tasks throughout the project lifecycle.
The ideal candidate is a strong self-starter with effective time management and the ability to meet deadlines while producing quality and accurate work. The individual will be exposed to all aspects of development management and will demonstrate resourcefulness in tackling tasks and assignments. This opportunity offers the ability to contribute to complex and interesting development projects while learning from a team of experienced professionals. The role is best suited for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment and is able to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- 1 to 3 years of proven experience assisting with the preparation of rezoning, subdivision, development and building permit applications;
- Completion of bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Real estate, Urban Land Economics, architecture or Planning;
- Managing and coordinating invoicing, cost tracking, appraisals and consultant contracts;
- Coordinating legal documents required such as rights-of-way, easements, etc.;
- Preparing and facilitating Requests for Proposals as required, including preparation of proposal comparisons, consultant contracts, and clarifications of scope;
- Reviewing change orders, site instructions, and shop drawings as well as managing and tracking consultant correspondence on these matters before distributing for approval;
- Mapping and researching specific areas to identify development trends and opportunities;
- Researching and summarizing development product both currently for sale and contemplated;
- Preparing and updating development proformas, sensitivity, and other analyses for review;
- Assisting in maintenance and updating of tasks in Peterson’s task management software;
- Efficient and effective time management and project management, demonstrating ability to meet deadlines while producing quality and accurate work;
- Developing positive and professional relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders while practicing excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills;
- Demonstrating an analytical and investigative mindset by proactively identifying issues and suggesting creative yet practical solutions or alternatives; and
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted. Submit your application through our online career centre.