DepartmentHead Office, Development
As Peterson’s development portfolio continues to grow, we are excited to expand our team and add a detail-oriented and self-motivated Development Coordinator looking to build a rewarding career with the Company. Reporting to the Vice President, Development, this position will support all day-to-day aspects of the development department and assist with the development management of various projects in our portfolio throughout the project lifecycle.
The ideal candidate is a strong self-starter with effective time management to meet deadlines while producing quality and accurate work. The individual will be exposed to all aspects of development management and will require persistence and resourcefulness in tackling tasks and assignments. This opportunity offers the chance to contribute to complex and interesting development projects while learning from a team of experienced professionals. The role is best suited for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment and is a fast learner that is passionate about learning all aspects of real estate development.
- Supporting the development team for all aspects of development, from land acquisition to project occupancy;
- Participating in project meetings including external meetings with Municipal staff and project consultants;
- Following up with consultants to ensure project deadlines are met and submissions are accurate;
- Assisting with the preparation of rezoning, subdivision, development and building permit applications;
- Managing and coordinating invoicing, cost tracking, appraisals and consultant contracts;
- Preparing and facilitating Requests for Proposals as required, including preparation of proposal comparisons, consultant contracts, and clarifications of scope;
- Researching markets, trends, and comparable developments and other topics as required;
- Mapping and researching specific areas to identify development trends and opportunities;
- Assisting in maintenance and updating of tasks in Peterson’s task management software; and
- Managing day-to-day administration tasks including creating project binders, scanning and saving updates to filing system, printing invoices for coding, and updating various documents.
What you Bring
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar role with a strong understanding of the real estate development project lifecycle and municipal approval process;
- Completion of bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Real estate, Urban Land Economics, architecture or Planning;
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and experience using Bluebeam;
- Strong self-starter, resourceful, and resilient in figuring out tasks and assignments;
- Efficient and effective time management and project management, demonstrating ability to meet deadlines while producing quality and accurate work;
- Organized and meticulous in performing their duties;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and part of a team;
- Developing positive and professional relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders while practicing excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills;
- Demonstrating an analytical and investigative mindset by proactively identifying issues and suggesting creative yet practical solutions or alternatives; and
Salary Range: $75,000 – $82,000
We are an equal opportunity employer. Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted. Submit your application through our online career centre.