Location1128 Alberni Street, Vancouver
Carmana Hotel & Suites, a hotel located in downtown Vancouver, is offering an exciting career opportunity for a Front Office Agent. We are a unique hybrid of a traditional boutique hotel providing nightly stays in our spacious suites as well as extended stays in our high rise residences.
We are currently searching for a full time Front Office Agent to join our team. As an ambassador of the hotel, the Front Office Agent is responsible for providing first-class guest experience through professional and courteous customer service from the moment guests arrive at the property until they check out.
The ideal person is detail-oriented, enthusiastic, and adaptable in challenging situations. Successful candidates will be a solid team player with at least one year of customer service experience and willing to go the extra mile to maximize guest satisfaction while adhering to the company policies.
- Providing accurate information to guests about hotel policies, services, and amenities and informing guests about facilities and services of the property.
- Responding to all guest requests and enquiries with proper etiquette and in a courteous and professional manner.
- Remaining alert, friendly, courteous, and helpful to guests and fellow associates at all times.
- Providing a warm and hospitable welcome and experience by greeting guests through the day, check-in and check-outs, ensuring guest requests are coordinated across departments, logging in and delivery of packages, relocating guests when necessary, etc.
- Maintaining accurate guest records, including balancing and preparing individual paperwork for closing shift, cash and credit handling, ensuring room rates and tax charges are properly posted, and maintaining accurate record of accounts (e.g., gift certificates, vouchers).
- Attending to daily operational requirements of guest recognition program, amenity program, and standard opening and closing shift procedures.
- Placing attention to all lobby activities and maintaining a sense of control and coordination.
- Completion of Diploma in Hospitality/Tourism related program preferred.
- Strong professional communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work shifts, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Knowledge of Vancouver, tourist attractions, and major interactions.
- Capable of standing for long periods of time and helping guests with luggage, as required.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service, including anticipating guest needs, with a proven ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize, and schedule demands.
- Collaborative and able to work within a team and independently.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted. Submit your application through our online career centre.