We are looking to add a highly detail-oriented Intermediate Accountant to join our corporate accounting team. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, this position will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely financials for the assigned accounts within their portfolio.
The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task and is a resourceful problem solver with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a corporate accounting environment. We are looking for someone who is eager to assist others with a high level of drive to be proactive in their responsibilities and ability to meet strict deadlines. This position is best suited for someone with general knowledge of corporate accounting and is looking to grow their experience.
- Preparing and reviewing financial statements in detail and identifying missing or incomplete information;
- Preparing and submitting organized, logical, and well-thought out supporting working papers;
- Demonstrating strong working knowledge of accounting processes and transactions to be able to communicate information, discuss situations, and solve problems with the Assistant Controller/Controller and partners
- Demonstrating reliable cash management skills: daily monitoring cash, calculating cash flow projections and identifying and notifying the Assistant Controller/Controller of foreseeable issues or concerns;
- Preparing invoices and processing office chargebacks;
- Providing quality control on Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, reconciling and adjusting journal entries for accuracy;
- Ensuring all filings (including GST returns) are prepared accurately and filed as required before due dates set by regulatory requirements and internal deadlines;
- Providing guidance to junior members of the accounting team;
- Suggesting and implementing best practices and efficient ways of working; and
- Assisting the Assistant Controller/Controller with any ad-hoc reporting or projects as requested.
What You Bring
- Minimum 3 years’ experience preparing and justifying accurate, organized, and logical financial statements;
- Completion of College diploma or certificate in Business and/or Accounting;
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel;
- Experience with Accpac and Yardi is an asset;
- Demonstrating an analytical and investigative mindset by proactively identifying issues and suggesting solutions or alternatives;
- Diligently dealing with methods of organization and detail in performing their duties;
- Efficient and effective time management, demonstrating ability to meet deadlines while producing quality and accurate work; and
- Developing strong, positive, and professional relationships with a variety of people while practicing excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted. Submit your application through our online career centre.