DepartmentHead Office, Accounting
Reporting directly to the Assistant Controller, the Intermediate Accountant position is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely financials for the assigned accounts. If you are positive and hardworking, we want to hear from you!
- Demonstrating reliable cash management skills: daily monitoring cash, calculating cash flow projections and identifying and notifying Assistant Controller of foreseeable issues or concerns;
- Preparing and reviewing financial statements in detail and identifying missing or incomplete information;
- Preparing and submitting organized, logical and well-thought out supporting working papers;
- Demonstrating strong working knowledge of accounting processes and transactions to be able to communicate information, discuss situations and solve problems with the Assistant Controller/Controller and partners;
- Preparing invoices and processing office charge backs;
- Providing quality control on Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, reconciling and adjusting journal entries for accuracy;
- Ensuring all filings (including GST returns) are prepared accurately and filed as required before due dates set by regulatory requirements and internal deadlines;
- Suggesting and implementing best practices and efficient ways of working; and
- Assisting the Assistant Controller/Controller with any ad-hoc reporting or projects as requested.
- Completion of College diploma or certificate, in Business/Accounting is an asset;
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel;
- Understanding and experience with Accpac is an asset;
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience:
- Preparing and justifying accurate, organized and logical financial statements;
- Strong analytical skills, meticulous and methodical in performing his/her duties;
- Efficient and effective time management with ability to meet deadlines while producing quality and accurate work; and
- Ability to develop a positive and professional relationship by using strong communication skills, verbal and written.
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: