DepartmentHead Office, Accounting
Reporting directly to the Controller, the Intermediate Property Accountant position is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely financials for the assigned accounts within the Commercial portfolio. If you are positive and enjoy working with numbers, we want to hear from you!
- Preparing monthly and annual financial statements and working papers in accordance with client requirements and needs, and delivery to the client before the deadline;
- Regularly communicating with management team to ensure complete understanding of the financial reporting needs of the client in assigned portfolio;
- Assisting with preparing the annual budget and monitoring for monthly variances, identifying problems, and discussing workable solutions;
- Demonstrating strong working knowledge of retail accounting processes and transactions to be able to communicate information, discuss situations, and solve problems with the Controller;
- Providing quality control on Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, reconciling and adjusting journal entries for accuracy;
- Demonstrating reliable cash management skills: monitoring capital, leasing and commission cashflow, and identifying foreseeable issues or concerns;
- Using sales reports and records to generate and report on retail associated revenues;
- Preparing year end recovery by comparing actuals to budgeted amounts and settling differences; and
- Assisting the Controller or Senior Property Accountant with any ad-hoc reporting or projects as requested.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ property accounting experience preparing and justifying accurate, organized and logical financial statements;
- Completion of certificate or diploma, preferably from an Accounting program;
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel;
- Understanding and experience with Yardi is an asset;
- Strong time management and attention to detail;
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize tasks; and
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal to develop positive professional relationships.
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: