DepartmentHead Office, Accounting
We are looking to add a highly detail-oriented Junior Accountant to join our corporate accounting team. Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, this position will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely financials for the assigned accounts within their portfolio.
The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task and is a resourceful and proactive problem solver who has at least one year experience in a corporate accounting environment. We are looking for someone is self-driven and thrives in a deadline driven environment. This position is best suited for someone that has extensive experience in a clerk role and is looking to elevate their responsibilities.
- Preparing and reviewing financial statements (monthly, quarterly & annual) in detail and identifying missing or incomplete information;
- Preparing and submitting organized, logical, and well-thought out supporting working papers;
- Compiling year end financial statement packages for submission to auditors;
- Managing a set of books for multiple entities;
- Recording year end adjusting journal entries;
- Addressing queries issued by reviewers and revise financials & working papers accordingly;
- Preparing invoices and supporting Accounting Clerk processes;
- Demonstrating reliable cash management skills: daily monitoring cash, calculating cash flow projections, and identifying and notifying Corporate Accounting team of foreseeable issues or concerns;
- Providing quality control on Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, reconciling and adjusting journal entries for accuracy;
- Ensuring all filings (including GST returns) are prepared accurately and filed before due dates set by regulatory requirements and internal deadlines;
- Compiling data in the preparation of working papers to support various filings;
- Preparing income tax returns using ProFile tax software; and
- Navigating multiple banking platforms. Initiate payment & transfer requests.
What You Bring
- Completion of a College diploma or certificate in Accounting;
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel;
- An analytical and investigative mindset that proactively identifies issues and suggests solutions or alternatives;
- Methods of organization and detail in performing their duties;
- Efficient and effective time management, demonstrating ability to meet deadlines while producing quality and accurate work;
- Ability to develop positive and professional relationships with a variety of people while practicing excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted. Submit your application through our online career centre.