Reporting to the VP Asset Management, the position will be responsible for supporting the VP in adding value and driving growth for Peterson’s real estate portfolio through research, data collection, analysis and monitoring of existing portfolio performance.
The role would be working closely with our asset management, property management, leasing and building operations teams to provide analysis support. The Junior Analyst would be reviewing property and asset management reports, analyzing monthly property financial statements, providing input on budgets, reviewing property appraisals, assisting with lease transactions, and conducting site reviews. A part of the role will be administrative support including calendar management, researching and drafting documents.
The ideal candidate will be a critical thinking and analytical individual with 2-3 years of experience working in the commercial, retail, and industrial real estate industry and a strong understanding of investment performance, risk measurement and experience in due diligence of acquisitions/divestitures. This position will suit someone who is resourceful, proactive and is interested growing their career in real estate.
- 2-3 years of experience in the commercial/retail/industrial real estate industry, including understanding investment performance and risk measurement, and experience in due diligence of acquisitions/divestitures;
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Commerce, Real Estate, Urban Land or a Diploma of Urban Land Economics;
- Completion of a commercial broker license is an asset;
- Strong understanding of property operations and experience with capital planning;
- Strong critical thinking, financial analysis and innovative problem-solving skills;
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with a variety of people while practicing excellent verbal and written communication; and
- Maturity, confidence and tact, particularly when dealing with difficult issues or conflict;
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize demands;
- High level of professionalism and ethical conduct.
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.