DepartmentHead Office, Commercial
The Leasing Manager position is responsible for providing strategic advice on the Real Estate market and trends in the industry, leasing activity and project management for an office/retail/industrial portfolio and has accountability for leasing a portfolio to prospective tenants and retaining existing tenants. If you are positive, detail-oriented and hardworking, we want to hear from you!
- Preparing, negotiating, and consummating Lease Proposals, Offers to Lease, and Leases in collaboration with and under the direction of the Senior Leasing Manager;
- Monitoring all existing tenancies and expiries;
- Overseeing various projects with responsibility for ensuring completion/finalizing deals in a timely manner;
- Periodic site visits, coordinating proforma updates with analysts, and coordinating leasing site plan updates;
- Formulating and executing leasing strategies for managed projects and/or assigned vacancies;
- Providing input on new sites and vacancies with respect to the feasibility and availability of leasing in the respective market, as well as monitoring the execution;
- Coordinating with property management to ensure that all sites are in good condition and determining strategies to improve;
- Preparing market and location review analysis, proposals, and submitting recommendations for review and approval;
- Preparing monthly activity reports, lease summary reports, market reports, and square footage analysis;
- Monitoring vacancy rates, maintaining budget records, and approving purchase orders and invoices within signing authority;
- Conducting onsite visits to properties, responding to tenant inquiries, and building rapport with tenants and owners;
- Preparing budgets, monitoring expenditures and costs to make decisions that will be both cost-effective and meet the needs of the customers/tenants;
- Liaising with prospective tenants, showing suites available, providing information on suite sizes, pricing, ensure suites are competitively priced and shown to their best advantage.
- Providing a monthly report to senior management and/or partners (i.e. vacancy report and renewal report); and
- Generating new prospects for available space by maintaining constant contact with tenants and real estate brokers through meetings, luncheons, presentations, mailings, and organized events to source and canvass other prospects directly.
- Completion of Bachelor’s Degree or College diploma or Certificate;
- Valid License under Real Estate council of BC;
- In depth knowledge of Real Estate Act, restate markets and trends;
- 3 – 5 years’ experience leasing commercial properties – selling, negotiating, and financial management as a broker and/or landlord representative
- Knowledge of real estate documents including leases, sublease agreements, indemnity agreements and consent forms;
- Negotiating skills to close lease agreements;
- Ability to develop positive and professional relationships with a variety of people while practicing excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written;
- High level of professionalism professional maturity; and
- Strong time management skills, attention to detail and an innovative problem solver.
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: