LocationLangara Gardens, West 57th Ave @ Cambie, Vancouver
Langara Gardens is currently looking for a Maintenance person for the rental property located in the Oakridge area (West 57th @ Cambie). For more information on the property, please visit http://www.langaragardens.com/. Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance person is responsible for assisting in the general maintenance and repair of the property and building systems. The ideal candidate for the role would have a strong interest in carpentry work and also general maintenance experience. This position will also take direction from the Property Manager.
- Performing in house maintenance including changing locks and minor building and repairs as required such as, plumbing, minor drywalling, drywall repairs, tiling jobs, grouting jobs, painting and wall paper repairs
- Performing maintenance repairs in tenant’s suites including: plumbing (sinks & taps), remove and replace toilets, heating, locks, fans, electrical, minor appliance repairs and moving appliances (i.e. fridges & stoves)
- Assisting in the organization, inventory and maintaining the maintenance and carpentry shop (e.g. tools, materials, parts, etc)
Minor roof repairs (gutters, downspouts, drains), and maintaining the exterior grounds including litter pick up and snow removal
- Assisting in training Resident Caretakers with minor maintenance repairs
- Maintaining good communication with Maintenance Manager and other Maintenance Staff, Contractors, Suppliers, Administrator, Leasing Agent, Resident Caretakers, Carpentry and Grounds keeping
- Completing work orders for any deficiencies or repairs sighted throughout the property
- Maintaining high standards of service by providing 24 hour turn around for Tenant Work Orders using quality workmanship
- Complying with Workers Compensation Act, Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, and all applicable laws & regulations in accordance with the Residential Tenancy Act
- Using power tools, hand tools and various auxiliary instruments for building cabinets, laminate countertops, doors, dry wall and other related work in suites and wood work projects around the property;
- Performing daily building checks of the mechanical rooms, roofs and parking areas: drains, pest control devices, graffiti, exterior lighting, power washing, painting, storage cleaning, and mechanical room;
- Maintaining all interior and exterior lighting systems including replacing lights, repairs, and management of lighting supplies;
- Other projects as required.
What You Bring
- A minimum of two (2) year of experience in similar role
- General proficiency in the use of applicable materials, tools and equipment
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with tenants, contractors and co-workers
- A positive and proactive attitude with a desire to learn
- Ability to work independently and take on new challenges as well as learn from others
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English
- Working knowledge of computer applications including Word and Excel is an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer. Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted. Submit your application through our online career centre.