We are looking for a full-time Manager, Asset Management at our head office located in Downtown Vancouver. Reporting directly to the VP, Asset Management, the Manager, Asset Management position is responsible for adding value and drive growth for Peterson’s real estate portfolio by optimizing revenue, reducing vacancies and enhancing tenant satisfaction. If you are positive, detail-oriented and hardworking, we want to hear from you!
- Asset Management
- Prepare and review property and asset management reports;Review and analyze monthly property financial statements and ensure cash flow is meeting budget;
- Review and provide input for the annual property budgets, one and five-year business plans for each property including CAPEX budgeting/forecasting;
- Prepare proformas as required related to the properties and/or portfolio; and
- Maximize the return on each asset through creative asset management strategies/efficiencies and identifying opportunities to improve asset performance.
- Property Management
- Oversee and review property appraisals for the portfolio;
- Manage property tax reviews and appeals where necessary for the portfolio;
- Manage the master umbrella insurance policy for the portfolio;
- Manage and review tenant retention programs/surveys; and
- Evaluate the life cycle of capital assets and recommend repair/replacement strategies.
- Work with leasing team to develop strategic leasing strategies;
- Review and approve lease transactions including analyzing NER calculations; and
- Oversee and participate in lease negotiations with leasing managers.
- Building Operations & Facilities Management
- Conduct regular site reviews and provide guidance/input for the property management team; and
- Assist in procuring property condition reports.
- Completion of Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Commerce, Real Estate or Urban Land Economics;
- 5 years’ experience with commercial/retail/industrial real estate industry, including understanding investment performance and risk measurement, and experience in due diligence of acquisition/divestitures of real estate (including leasing, building, environment etc.) to identify relevant issues;
- Experience in leasing including; analyzing and approving lease transactions, developing lease strategies and familiarity with lease documentation;
- Solid understanding of the property operations side of the business including experience with capital planning;
- Strong financial analytical skills, meticulous and methodical in performing his/her duties;
- Ability to develop positive and professional relationships with a variety of people while practicing excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Strong time management skills, attention to detail and an innovative problem solver.
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: