DepartmentHead Office, Administration
Reporting directly to the Office Manager, the Office Administrator position is responsible for ensuring optimal organization and appearance of Peterson’s head office. If you are positive, customer focused, and hardworking, we want to hear from you!
- Greeting and answering walk-in customers and employee’s inquiries in friendly and professional manner;
- Receiving and directing multiple incoming telephone calls on multi-line telephone system in a timely and pleasant manner;
- Performing clerical duties including photocopying, scanning, binding, typing letters, stuffing envelopes, filing, and running postage;
- Conducting daily rounds throughout the office according to the administrative handbook, ensuring the common-areas are orderly and clean;
- Monitoring inventory of office supplies and beverages and ensuring items are stocked and ordered when necessary with manager approval;
- Maintaining upkeep of the boardroom and conducting set up for various meetings;
- Checking office equipment and refilling if needed, as well as printing out month end reports for photocopiers and postage machines; Ensuring reception area is always clean, tidy and professional in appearance;
- Managing mail services by arranging local and international courier services and responsibly sorting and distributing incoming mail;
- Managing sign in for visitors and safely distributing building keys for service providers;
- Reviewing incoming faxes and redirecting to appropriate recipient;
- Distributing office supplies and stationery and ensuring they are well stocked and organized; and
- Ad hoc projects and other duties related to the improvement of office management as directed by the Office Manager.
- Completion of high school diploma;
- Intermediate computer skills, specifically using Microsoft Office;
- One (1) year experience working in an office environment in a similar role;
- Experience in a receptionist role is an asset;
- Ability to provide quality customer service while multi-tasking;
- A polite, professional and cooperative personality and willingness to assist others;
- Ability to take direction and following through on assigned work in a timely manner and ability to adapt to changing needs and demands while remaining professional; and
- Ability to resolve problems using facts and sound reasoning.
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: