DepartmentHead Office, Development & Construction
Peterson has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and driven Pre-Construction Manager to join a growing team. Reporting to the VP, Construction, the role will be assisting with all aspects of project delivery with a primary focus on pre-construction for a variety of commercial and multi-residential projects, including master planned communities. This newly created position will also assist with project coordination and managing deadlines and workflow.
The ideal person is highly organized and an effective communicator who works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate has strong technical acumen with a solid foundation of pre-construction and has an eagerness to take on a variety of tasks and dive into the details of each project to successfully translate the vision into a built form.
- Completing take-offs and tendering to prepare projects budgets;
- Creating and maintaining construction budgets, including conceptual estimates from preliminary drawings;
- Creating and maintaining database of current construction rates and industry trends;
- Providing input on Value Engineering and track design and cost adjustments;
- Reviewing plans and specifications to establish constructability issues;
- Reviewing all project documents for completeness, quality and accuracy;
- Developing and maintaining construction project schedules using the appropriate software tools;
- Attending design meetings with consultants;
- Managing and maintaining relationships with contractors, consultants, engineers and subtrades;
- Assisting in contract negotiations and management of contractors;
- Participating in change order management and progress draw reviews;
- Coordinating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation;
- Assisting with warranty and deficiency rectification; and
- Performing additional assignments per the VP, Construction.
What You Bring
- 5+ years’ experience as a Project Coordinator, Estimator, Project Manager, or in a construction related field with expertise in pre-construction;
- Post-secondary education in Building Technology, Construction Management, Engineering or similar field;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Project, Blue Beam, Excel and other construction related software an asset;
- Demonstrated track record of dealing successfully with on-site trades and general contractors;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to develop positive relationships with a network of key stakeholders including contractors, consultants, engineers and subtrades, to achieve business objectives; and
- Superior project management skills – able to prioritize, plan and organize effectively.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted. Submit your application through our online career centre.