We are looking for a detail- and customer service-oriented Property Manager Assistant (PMA) for our Commercial team. Reporting directly to the Director, Asset Management Commercial, the PMA provides superior, quality services to tenants and PMs and to help enhance the overall value of the buildings. This position ensures the Property Managers have timely and accurate administrative support and tenants are consistently satisfied and receiving best value services. This role will have the flexibility to work out of our Downtown head office or our Richmond satellite office at Crestwood Corporate Centre (13575 Commerce Parkway, Richmond).
The ideal candidate is a strong administrator with experience working alongside a multidisciplinary team. They will have a strong track record of producing effective communication skills (oral and written), demonstrating attention to detail and organizational skills. The role is best suited for an individual who is interested in developing their career in property management and is a proactive problem solver with fundamental understanding of property management and accounting principles and procedures.
- Drafting and handling correspondences, notices/memos, forms, reports, operator overtime sheets, welcome packages, and other documents within the timeline pursuant to regulations;
- Providing operational support and follow-up in day-to-day implementation of policies and procedures;
- Working with building operators and technicians to assist tenants with move in/out, welcome packages, and general maintenance and lease inquiries;
- Working with property accountants PMs in collecting rent, resolving arrears and compiling monthly reports, annual rental payment schedules, CAM reconciliation letters, and conducting credit checks;
- Updating after-hour security call sheets, as required;
- Assisting leasing administration by photocopying and drafting documents, and inputting lease abstracts;
- Assisting with new property onboarding;
- Assisting Hydro and Fortis incentive projects, BOMA incentive applications etc.;
- Assisting with researching quotes and other information for maintenance and capital projects;
- Ensuring the preparation of financial statements and quality presentation of owner reports and other correspondence to owners within the respective time requirements;
- Ensuring client matters are responded to in a timely manner and within regulatory guidelines.
What You Bring
- 3 – 4 years of experience working in an administrative position while providing quality customer service with a proven ability to multi-task and prioritize demands;
- Completion of a high school diploma;
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word;
- Familiarity with Yardi Voyageur and Angus AnyWhere is an asset;
- Willing to obtain Rental Property Management License.
- Taking direction and following through on assigned work in a timely manner;
- Providing effective and efficient administration in a fast-paced environment, including coordination of support services, accurate and timely record keeping, organization of events, etc.;
- Diligently dealing with methods of organization and detail in performing his/her duties;
- Demonstrating maturity, confidence, and tact, particularly when dealing with difficult issues or conflict;
- Developing positive and professional relationships with a variety of people while practicing excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Maturity, confidence and tact, particularly when dealing with difficult issues or conflict.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. We thank all candidates for their interest – only short-listed candidates will be contacted. To apply for this opportunity and learn more about Peterson, visit our Careers page at www.petersonbc.com.