DepartmentHead Office, Residential
Peterson has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Property Manager to join our residential team. Reporting to the Director, Asset Management, Residential you will be responsible for ensuring optimal performance and profitability of revenue producing real estate properties of your assigned residential rental portfolio. You will be managing operational costs, property financials and capital projects, and ensuring that quality services are provided to tenants and stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator and creative problem-solver who enjoys the challenges of handling unpredictable events. You are resilient and highly effective when dealing with a diverse range of people. In addition, you have an “owner’s mentality” alongside a strong track record of success in managing property operations, working alongside a multi-disciplinary team and balancing key stakeholder relationships, simultaneously. This position will best suit an individual with strong financial acumen and the desire to continue progressing in a property management career that is far from monotonous. If you have experience managing redevelopment properties and new residential development projects, that would be an asset to the team.
- Conducting site visits to ensure buildings and suites are consistently well-maintained and operate in compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements on a cost-effective basis;
- Managing operating costs, coordinating service contracts, ensuring that work orders, renovations, and capital projects are completed within budget and to satisfaction of the client(s).
- Ensuring leasing strategies are implemented and working efficiently and effectively in order to maintain low vacancy;
- Overseeing unique property specific projects such as but not limited to: tenant relocation for redevelopment properties and successful stabilization of new development projects;
- Taking corrective actions as required for improvements on a timely and cost-effective basis;
- Responding to and managing escalated tenant issues and concerns;
- Organizing and implementing tenant events as needed;
- Overseeing management of property financials, including collection of rent, resolution of arrears, and reporting;
- Managing marketing efforts, promotions, tenant appreciation events and advertising of units for rent as required;
- Assisting with development and amendment of rental policies and procedures, as required.
What You Bring
- 2-3 years experience managing a portfolio consisting of rental, and commercial properties and delivering excellent customer service;
- Completion of Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Commerce or Real Estate (or Urban Land);
- Valid Rental Property Management license under the BCFSA;
- Extensive knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act (RTA), Real Estate Services Act, PIPA;
- Experience using Yardi and Angus;
- Experience managing financial budgets and analyzing financial data;
- Ability to develop positive and professional relationships with a network of key stakeholders;
- Clear and concise communication both in verbal and written forms;
- Strong aptitude for problem solving, accountability and managing multiple scopes concurrently;
- Efficient and effective project management, demonstrating ability to meet deadlines while producing quality work;
- Providing direction, guidance, and supervision to other team members when required; and
- Demonstrating a high level of professionalism and ethical conduct.
Salary Range: $50,000 – $150,000
We are an equal opportunity employer. Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted. Submit your application through our online career centre.