Peterson has an exciting opportunity for a Property Manager to join our team at the Portage Place Shopping Centre in Winnipeg. Reporting to the General Manager, Portage Place, this role will be responsible for delivering consistent quality services to tenants and stakeholders and optimizing the performance and profitability of the Centre by managing tenant relations, operational costs, property financials, and capital projects.
The ideal candidate will be highly driven with creative problem-solving abilities and a customer focused mindset. You are a natural leader with highly effective communication and interpersonal skills when dealing with a diverse range of people. In addition, you have the ability to multi-task different responsibilities alongside a strong track record of success in managing property operations, working alongside a multi-disciplinary team, and balancing key stakeholder relationships, simultaneously. This position will best suit an experienced professional with strong financial acumen and the passion to tackle a challenging property.
- Ensuring the Centre are well-maintained and operating in compliance to all applicable regulatory requirements on a cost-effective basis and in compliance with all lease agreements;
- Ensuring the image of the Centre consistently meet the expectations of the Owners and targeted tenants;
- Ensuring all lease issues, including maintenance projects, common area building upgrades, tenant build outs or interior/exterior repairs are completed in a timely manner;
- Managing operating costs, coordinating service contracts, ensuring work orders, renovations and capital projects are completed within budget;
- Ensuring the timely preparation of financial statements and quality presentation of owner reports;
- Preparing budgets, monitoring expenditures and costs to make decisions that will be both cost-effective and also meet the needs of the tenants, patrons and ownership;
- Reviewing financials for accuracy and preparing analysis for owners, reporting on variances or exceptions;
- Overseeing the management of the property financials, including the collection of rent, the resolution of arrears, and the reporting of financials;
- Using all reasonable efforts to manage, repair and maintain the property in efficient and satisfactory manners that maximize the cash flow from the property;
- Managing the Collective Agreements to ensure compliance and to negotiate on renewals; and
- Providing regular and consistent feedback to the General Manager on all property issues and concerns, emergency repairs, staff concerns and other updates.
What You Bring
- 3 – 5 years’ managing a diverse commercial portfolio and delivering excellent customer service;
- Experience management a large building operation over 500,000 sq. ft is an asset;
- Completion of College diploma/certificate;
- Certification in Shopping Centre Management and/or Property Management is preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to manage financial budgets and reporting and analyzing financial data;
- Understanding of a union working environment is an asset;
- Building positive and professional relationships with a variety of people;
- Being proactive, results-orientated and resourceful in work;
- Communicating clearly and concisely both in verbal and written communication;
- Applying knowledge and interpreting information from Lease, accounting, and Management Agreements;
- Providing direction, guidance and supervision to other team members when required; and
- Demonstrating maturity, confidence and tact, particularly when dealing with difficult issues or conflicts.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted. Submit your application through our online career centre.