Location1128 Alberni Street, Vancouver
Carmana Hotel & Suites, a hotel located in downtown Vancouver, is offering an exciting career opportunity for a Part Time Room Attendant. We are a unique hybrid of a traditional boutique hotel providing nightly stays in our spacious suites as well as extended stays in our high-rise residences.
We are currently searching for a full time Room Attendant to join our team. As an ambassador of the hotel, the Room Attendant is responsible for maintaining first-class guest experience through professional and courteous customer service by ensuring cleanliness of guest rooms and public spaces.
The ideal person is detail-oriented, enthusiastic, and adaptable in challenging situations. Successful candidates will be a solid team player with at least one year of housekeeping experience and willing to go the extra mile to maximize guest satisfaction while adhering to the company policies.
- Responding to all guest requests and enquiries with proper etiquette and in a courteous and professional manner.
- Remaining alert, friendly, courteous, and helpful to guests and fellow associates at all times.
- Ensuring thorough cleanliness and sanitation of guest rooms (including bathrooms, balconies, and room furnishings).
- Preparing guest rooms including, but not limited to:
- Removing dirty bed linen and making up beds with clean linen.
- Cleaning closets and door tracks on check-out rooms, removing dust and debris.
- Ensuring correct amount and placement of amenities.
- Dusting and wiping all furniture.
- Inspecting condition of all furniture and reporting any damages to the Supervisor.
- Removing all dust, debris, and foreign particles from room and upholstered furniture.
- Cleaning all lamps and light switches and checking for proper working order.
- Removing dust, spots, and smears from windows, ledges, and frames.
- Vacuuming carpet in guest rooms.
- Checking all equipment prior to and after its use to ensure good working order and completing engineering reports as needed.
- Completion of high school or equivalent preferred.
- Fluency in English, including good verbal and written communication.
- Level one first aid certificate will be an asset.
- Ability to perform highly repetitive tasks and physical work such as lifting, bending, and standing.
- Available to work shifts, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Demonstrates integrity, maturity, confidence, and tact.
- Strong attention to detail, meticulous, and methodical in performing duties.
- Ability to work effectively in an innovative, fast-paced, and multi-tasked environment while resolving problems with facts and sound reasoning.
- Collaborative and able to work within a team and independently.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted. Submit your application through our online career centre.