Reporting directly to the Senior Sales and Marketing Manager, the Sales Manager position is responsible for cultivating and developing new business, increasing and maintaining revenue from assigned accounts and upholding excellent customer service. If you are positive, eager to learn, and has a drive for prospecting new corporate business, we want to hear from you!
- Actively researching, qualifying and soliciting new business prospects through personal sales calls, lead follow ups, networking, ongoing correspondence and daily cold calling quotas;
- Successfully maintaining and building on existing clientele relationships that results in achieving and exceeding revenue/referral business goals;
- Preparing daily sales reports and maintaining accurate records of both current and potential business with complete follow through;
- Preparing, customizing and following up on proposals/contracts and responding to inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner;
- Facilitating familiarization tours and participating in industry/trade functions and shows;
- Actively participating in regular sales meetings including providing data and feedback on competition and current market trends; and
- Assisting the Senior Sales and Marketing Manager in executing the sales & marketing plan and performing other sales-related duties/projects as assigned.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years’ experience in the Tourism industry;
- Completion of a college diploma;
- Completion of certificate in Hospitality or Tourism is an asset;
- Ability to work in a small team and willing to help the team perform all duties related to the Sales Department;
- Positive and driven team player who is open to learning and is disciplined to work independently;
- Results and revenue oriented with a proactive sales approach;
- Effective prospecting/cold-calling skills and organizational/time management skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (fluency in English);
- Knowledge of the immediate area and downtown Vancouver;
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Ability to develop positive and professional relationships with a variety of people while practicing excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Requires some local travel and may be required to work evenings and weekends if needed.
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: