Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Senior Development Accountant will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely financials, cash management and forecasts throughout the development project lifecycle. The position will prepare journal entries for significant transactions, oversee AP and AR for accuracy, review proformas and job cost reports, perform variance analysis on project costs, and provide information on budget reviews for construction loans. In addition, the position will be responsible for overseeing the workflow within the team while providing guidance on best practices to implement efficient and effective processes.
The ideal candidate is an analytical and detail-oriented individual with 3+ years of accounting experience working specifically on construction and property development projects. This individual will have a strong track record of proactively identifying issues and offering solutions. This position will suit someone who is has an investigative mindset and is a creative problem solver with a strong foundation of development processes, transactions and project lifecycle.
- 3+ years of proven experience preparing and justifying accurate, organized and logical financial statements for development projects;
- Completion of Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting;
- Completion of an Accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, or CMA);
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office particularly with Excel;
- Understanding and experience with Timberline;
- Understanding and experience with Yardi Job Cost Module is an asset;
- Strong working knowledge of development processes and transactions;
- Innovative problem-solving skills that can resolve inefficiencies and improve work flow;
- Effective organizational & time management skills to meet deadlines and produce quality and accurate work;
- Ability to develop positive and professional relationships with different personalities while practicing effective communication and interpersonal skills in both written and verbal; and
- Experience supervising and mentoring junior staff.
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.