Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Development, the Senior Development Professional will be responsible for leading the successful execution of multiple development projects and providing guidance to internal and external teams. In addition, the position will represent the Company in its interactions with municipal and government staff, at industry and policy consultations and public engagement activities to effectively communicate our projects. The position will also take part in driving the performance and management of the Company’s development projects through third party partnerships.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic and hands-on individual with 10+ years of relevant experience, including complex mixed-use development projects with demonstrated success in managing these projects from inception to completion and occupancy. The individual will have a strong track record of success in managing multiple, complex development projects and key stakeholder relationships, simultaneously. This position will suit someone who is conscientious and creative problem solver with a strong foundation of business and long-term development strategies on how to achieve the optimum potential for the land.
- 10+ years of proven experience leading and managing the entire development lifecycle on multiple large, complex mixed-use development projects simultaneously;
- Completion of Bachelor’s Degree, preferably Bachelor of Commerce, Real Estate (or Urban Land), Architecture, or Urban Planning;
- Strong leadership skills of managing/leading a team towards a common goal;
- Experience in rezoning, development, construction and sales and marketing activities;
- Knowledge in the real estate market, principles of planning, political and community engagement, design development, financial analysis, construction and sales;
- Proven ability to develop positive and professional relationships with a network of key stakeholders including various levels of government, consultants, contractors etc.;
- Strong aptitude for problem solving, accountability and managing multiple scopes concurrently;
- Efficient and effective project management, demonstrating ability to meet deadlines while producing quality and accurate work;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills in both written and verbal;
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; and
- Experience in managing in-house construction and sales and marketing teams is an asset.
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.