Reporting to the General Manager, Commercial this role will be responsible for delivering consistent quality services to tenants and stakeholders across our commercial office, retail and industrial portfolio, and optimizing the performance of our properties by managing tenant relations, operational costs, property financials and capital projects.
The ideal candidate will be highly driven with creative problem-solving abilities and the ability to multitask effectively. You are a natural leader with highly effective communication skills when dealing with a diverse range of people. In addition, you have an “owner’s mentality” alongside a strong track record of success in managing property operations, working alongside a multi-disciplinary team and balancing key stakeholder relationships, simultaneously. This position will best suit an experienced professional with strong financial acumen and the desire to provide guidance and mentorship to a team.
- Ensuring building(s) are well-maintained and operating in compliance to all applicable regulatory requirements on a cost-effective basis;
- Ensuring the image of the building(s) consistently meets the expectations of the targeted tenants;
- Working with building technicians to assist tenants with maintenance and lease issues, including common area building upgrades, landlord work, tenant build outs or interior/exterior repairs;
- Managing vendor relationships with security, janitorial, landscaping and general contractors.
- Providing superior customer service and dealing effectively and fairly with tenant requests/concerns on a timely basis, involving the Property Managers or Building Technicians as needed;
- Conducting onsite visits to properties to build rapport with tenants;
- Managing operating costs, coordinating service contracts, ensuring work orders, renovations and capital projects are completed within budget and to satisfaction of client;
- Ensuring the timely preparation of financial statements and quality presentation of owner reports;
- Preparing budgets, monitoring expenditures and costs to make informed decisions;
- Developing and administering the approved operating and capital budgets for the assigned portfolio;
- Reviewing financials and preparing analysis for owners, reporting on variances or exceptions;
- Overseeing the management of the property financials, including the collection of rent, the resolution of arrears, and the reporting of financials; and
- Using all reasonable efforts to manage, repair and maintain the property in efficient and satisfactory manners that maximizes the cash flow from the property.
What You Bring
- 5-10 years’ managing a portfolio consisting of commercial office, retail and industrial properties and delivering excellent customer service;
- Completion of Bachelor’s Degree;
- Valid Rental Property Management license under the Real Estate Council of BC;
- In depth knowledge of the Real Estate Act;
- Responsibility managing financial budgets and analyzing financial data;
- Building positive and professional relationships with a variety of people being proactive, results-orientated and resourceful in work;
- Communicating clearly and concisely both in verbal and written communication;
- Applying knowledge and interpreting information from Lease and Management Agreements;
- Efficient and effective project management, demonstrating ability to meet deadlines while producing quality and accurate work;
- Providing direction, guidance and supervision to other team members when required; and
- Demonstrating maturity, confidence and tact, particularly when dealing with difficult issues or conflicts.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted. Submit your application through our online career centre.