DepartmentHead Office, Residential
Peterson has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Property Manager to join our growing residential team. Reporting to the General Manager, Residential this role will be responsible for delivering consistent quality services to tenants and stakeholders across our predominantly residential rental portfolio, and optimizing the performance of our properties by managing operational costs, property financials and capital projects.
The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator and creative problem-solver who enjoys the challenges of handling unpredictable events. You are resilient and highly effective when dealing with a diverse range of people. In addition, you have an “owner’s mentality” alongside a strong track record of success in managing property operations, working alongside a multi-disciplinary team and balancing key stakeholder relationships, simultaneously. This position will best suit an individual with strong financial acumen and the desire to continue progressing in a property management career that is far from monotonous.
- Conducting site visits to ensure buildings and suites are consistently well-maintained and operate in compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements on a cost-effective basis;
- Managing operating costs, coordinating service contracts, ensuring that work orders, renovations, and capital projects are completed within budget and to satisfaction of the client(s).
- Conducing periodic surveys to collect information on key value indicators/preferences;
- Taking corrective actions as required for improvements on a timely and cost-effective basis;
- Developing and administering the operating and capital budgets for properties in the assigned portfolio (subject to owner(s) approval);
- Overseeing management of property financials, including collection of rent, resolution of arrears, and reporting;
- Reviewing financials for accuracy, preparing monthly and/or quarterly reports for Owners/Investors, various analysis for Owners/Investors, and reporting on variances and/or exceptions;
- Managing marketing efforts, promotions, tenant appreciation events and advertising of units for rent as required;
- Assisting with development and amendment of rental policies and procedures, as required;
What You Bring
- Minimum 8 years managing a portfolio consisting of strata, rental, and commercial properties and delivering excellent customer service;
- Completion of Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Commerce or Real Estate (or Urban Land);
- Valid Rental Property Management license under the BCFSA;
- Extensive knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act (RTA), Real Estate Services Act, PIPA;
- Experience managing financial budgets and analyzing financial data;
- Ability to develop positive and professional relationships with a network of key stakeholders;
- Communicating clearly and concisely both in verbal and written forms;
- Working knowledge of Commercial and Residential Lease Agreements and Management Agreements;
- Strong aptitude for problem solving, accountability and managing multiple scopes concurrently;
- Efficient and effective project management, demonstrating ability to meet deadlines while producing quality work;
- Providing direction, guidance, and supervision to other team members when required; and
- Demonstrating a high level of professionalism and ethical conduct.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted. Submit your application through our online career centre.