Reporting to the President, the VP, Development will be responsible for the strategic direction of all aspects of Peterson’s existing and future development activities, from inception to completion and occupancy. The position exists to lead the Company’s execution on, rezoning, development, construction and sales and marketing for multiple Peterson development projects, including a Masterplan Community, and drive performance and management of the Company’s other large, complex mixed-use development projects that are developed through third party partnerships.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic leader with effective coaching skills and 20+ years of broad real estate experience working alongside a multi-disciplinary team. He / She will have a strong track record of success in managing multiple, complex development projects and key stakeholder relationships, simultaneously. This position will suit someone who is a diligent and creative problem solver with a fundamental understanding of long-term development strategies and how to achieve the optimum potential for the land.
- 20+ years of proven experience leading and managing the entire development lifecycle on multiple large, complex mixed-use development projects;
- Completion of Bachelor’s Degree, preferably Bachelor of Commerce, Real Estate (or Urban Land), Architecture, or Urban Planning;
- Experience directing rezoning, development, construction and sales and marketing activities for a Masterplan community;
- Experience providing strategic analysis and advice on the financial viability of large, mixed-use development projects. Significant experience with concrete construction is an asset;
- Experience designing and maximizing the economic return on commercial components to mixed-use projects, preferably for an owner developer retaining the commercial portion;
- Experience setting and executing a strategic vision for a development division or company;
- Experience in establishing and managing in-house construction and sales and marketing teams;
- Knowledge in principles of planning, political and community engagement, design development, financial analysis, construction and sales;
- Ability to develop positive and professional relationships with a network of key stakeholders including various levels of government, consultants, contractors etc.;
- Strong aptitude for problem solving, accountability and managing multiple scopes concurrently; and
- Efficient and effective project management, demonstrating ability to meet deadlines while producing quality and accurate work.
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: