DepartmentHead Office, Accounting
We are looking to add an Accounting Clerk as a member of our corporate accounting team located in downtown Vancouver. Reporting directly to the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Clerk is responsible for ensuring up-to-date financial records with timely and accurate processing of invoices and payments.
The ideal candidate will be highly detail-oriented and organized with 1 – 2 years’ accounting experience doing AP/AR functions in an office environment. This position will suit someone who is keen to learn and is looking to grow their experience.
- Ensuring invoices are reviewed and verified for accuracy and approval before processing for payment;
- Ensuring payables and receivables are approved for posting and correctly coded and dated;
- Issuing accounts receivable invoices;
- Promptly depositing cheques, doing bank runs and booking receipts to ensure ledger is updated in a timely manner;
- Maintaining a simple set of books for some of our entities;
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial transactions and supporting documentation; and
- Providing general administrative support to the accounting department including photocopying, filing, sorting, organizing and retrieving data and documents as requested by accountants.
What You Bring
- Completion of College diploma or certificate in Accounting;
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office particularly with Excel;
- 1-2 years’ experience providing accurate and timely AP/AR functions in an office environment;
- Highly organized and detailed in performing his/ her duties;
- Efficient and effective time management, demonstrating ability to meet deadlines while producing quality and accurate work; and
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, to develop positive professional relationships.
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted. Submit your application through our online career centre.