We are looking for an Accounting Clerk for our Commercial team at our Head Office located in downtown Vancouver. Reporting directly to the Controller, the Accounting Clerk position is responsible for ensuring up-to-date financial records with timely and accurate processing of invoices and payments. If you are positive and enjoy working with numbers, we want to hear from you!
- Ensuring invoices are reviewed and verified for accuracy and approval before processing for payment;
- Ensuring payables and receivables are approved for posting and correctly coded and dated;
- Issuing accounts receivable invoices;
- Depositing cheques, doing bank runs and booking receipts to ensure ledger is updated in a timely manner;
- Maintaining a simple set of books for some of our properties;
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date accounting journals, ledgers, and other records detailing financial transactions and supporting documentation;
- Providing general administrative support to the accounting department including photocopying, filing, sorting, organizing, and retrieving data and documents as requested by accountants; and
- Handling a small portfolio of commercial properties by recording books from an outside third-party company and incorporating it with our corporate books and producing financial reports for another land only investment entity.
- Completion of certificate or diploma preferably from an Accounting program;
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel;
- Minimum 1 years’ experience providing accurate and timely AP / AR functions in an office environment;
- Strong time management and attention to detail;
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize tasks; and
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: