We are looking for a full-time, live on-site Resident Manager for our rental property in Burnaby, BC. The property is a 60 years old, 2.2-acre property and the position would be responsible for 70 units. Reporting directly to the Senior Property Manager, the Resident Manager position is responsible for providing superior, quality services to ensure consistent quality services for tenants, providing basic maintenance repairs, and to helping to enhance the overall value of the building. The position will be required to live on-site. If you are fast-paced, customer focused, and hardworking, we want to hear from you!
- Providing superior quality customer service dealing effectively and fairly with tenant requests and concerns on a timely basis, involving the Property Manager;
- Attending to the tenant services phone line and email requests and ensuring response, ensuring logged appropriately, and follow up is provided up to completion;
- Performing maintenance and minor renovations/repairs such as plumbing (sink & taps), heating, locks, fans, minor electrical, changing light bulbs, touch-up painting, caulking, changing locks, filling holes in walls, minor appliance repairs and moving appliances (i.e. fridges & stoves), etc.;
- Proactively anticipating needs / issues and providing solutions to tenants and Property Manager concerns;
- Attending to day-to-day management of the property;
- Ensuring all rent cheques are received and pursue delinquent rents or NSF cheques;
- Assisting with drafting and distributing letters, notices, contracts, and other correspondence related to the administration of the property and in compliance with the Residential Tenancy Act;
- Overseeing all aspects for rental of suites when they become vacant, including suite inspections upon tenant move-in and move-out and determining what is tenant damage or reasonable wear and tear;
- Maintaining good tenant relations, handling and documenting tenant complaints and any emergencies in the building which occur during, over, and above office hours;
- Backing up security camera files on regular basis as well as viewing in the event of theft or damage to assist the police and/or property manager to determine cause or events of such an occurrence;
- Ensuring parking and storage locker rules and regulations are strictly adhered to by the residential tenants and maintain up to date records of all infractions;
- Providing emergency response and on-call assistance, as required;
- Arranging, coordinating, and supervising trades work;
- Maintaining interior and exterior appearance of the property, such as ensuring all walkways to entrances and exits for residential and parkade, including ramps, are clean and free of dirt and debris, ice, and snow;
- Recommending type and quantity of maintenance supplies to be stocked while maintaining MSDSs for products and adhering to the work safe rules and regulations; and
- Other related duties and projects as required.
What You Bring
- Completion of high school diploma;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Minimum two years experience working in a similar role;
- Experience working in an older property is an asset;
- Ability to provide quality customer service while multi-tasking and prioritizing demands;
- Diligent dealing with methods of organization and detail;
- Demonstrating maturity, confidence, and tact, particularly when dealing with difficult issues/conflict; and
- Developing positive and professional relationships with a variety of people while practicing excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.